Hi, I am Eleni Peyton, the editor in chief of this website: greendivamom.com. I am lucky to be part of a great team that will help me run this website 🙂
I have to admit that 10 years ago, I was not that aware of the importance of being ecofriendly or using natural products. I frankly did not really bother at that time, probably because it was all greek to me (pun intended). Back then, I certainly was not ready to get out of my comfort zone, or ditch my beloved beauty products or habits…
Lack of knowledge, lack of awareness, lack of motivation… You name it.
So what was the trigger?
It was a trip to Germany that was my wake up call. You might wonder what happened. Well the story is simple: I simply forgot to bring my beauty products (that is what happens when you do your packing till the last minute). No cleanser, no face creams…. nothing, nada…. I ended up in a nice cosmetic shop near the hotel and guess what? They mostly stocked organic products.
It was the perfect time to try those eco products and see if I could see any difference.
So? Any difference? Maybe not the first day. But after one week, I noticed something…. My skin dryness was gone…. I had tried so far almost every brand available to get rid of those dry patches and within one week of using those natural products, my skin had never been so healthy….
This is what pushed me to start reading about green products back home… The more I read, the more horrified I was…. mostly about those toxic chemicals that surround us in our homes, products and foods….
That is why I decided for the sake of my health, and the health of my family to do my homework and live a greener and healthier lifestyle.
And trust me, everyday I can see the benefits of this choice.
Here at GDM greendivamom.com, “living green inside and out” is more than just recycling your trash and using organic products. “Green” isn’t just recyclable, biodegradable, sustainable or eco-friendly; it’s a way of living, being conscious of what you put into your body and your family, as well as your environmental impact.
Green living begins internally.
At Green Diva Mom, we look way beyond conventional medicine toward making educated, well-informed and researched decisions on the best choices for optimal health. We strongly believe that a “green” home and body is the path to wellness.
Who is this website for?
I don’t pretend to be an eco expert for sure but I believe we keep learning everyday by testing and by sharing. This is the core idea of greendivamom.com website (GDM) which was originally designed for mothers, and non-mothers alike seeking a “green lifestyle” with a desire to take preventative measures and to make healthy choices for themselves and their families.
What will you find here?
We offer in depth articles and videos to share experience and knowledge with others willing to take charge of their lives because we believe we are all responsible of what we eat, what we put on our skin, what we do for the future generations.
You will find here the latest green news, green tips or tricks, honest product reviews for your family.
Why the name green diva mom?
- Green to remind us what this website is all about, lots of easy ways and tips to live a greener life.
- Diva because going green is often wrongly associated with the idea of being boring, plain, tasteless and the lack of pleasure…Maybe that was the case ages ago, but nowadays, you can combine green with pleasure, style and even luxury if you want. The word diva reminds us that even if we choose greener products, we should also focus on our personal needs for a balanced life…. Yep, it is perfectly ok to be a diva sometimes… We are worth it 🙂
- Mom because being a mom is my full time job (I believe it is one of the best job ever haha)
- Inspiring and empowering parents to achieve and maintain optimal health for their children on a nutritional, emotional and spiritual level using healing foods, toxic-free home environment, and alternative natural lifestyle.
- To educate mothers, fathers and individuals around the world on how to raise and care for your family organically and naturally.
- To explore the truth about harmful foods & beverages, unsafe toys, medical practices and toxins in the environment.
- Being a Green Diva Mom means the family comes first and not sacrificing for less than the best choices for your family.
- To help raise the next generation of happy, healthy, independent children.
- To help mothers (and fathers) achieve a greener and thus healthier lifestyle for their family.
- Raise awareness about unsafe products and provide alternative safe and healthy choices
In a nutshell : Greendivamom.com is designed to educate and empower individuals and families to experience improved health, awareness and control of their lives 🙂
Keep in touch
To contact us, please use our contact form. If you have corrections on something we’ve published, products you would like us to consider reviewing, or testimonials you’d like to share with us, we would be happy to hear from you!